Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hello family, friends, and random readers,

As we get closer and closer to Christmas, I feel less and less like it actually is Christmas season. I arrived in the state of Chiapas this morning with my friend Laura and tomorrow we are leaving for Guatemala, where we will spend Christmas on a lake with two friends, a Mexican and a Canadian. I miss all of my loved ones, and I still can´t my cravings for soft pretzels to go away, but other than that I am loving my life and making the most of my year in Mexico. For the past 8ish days, and for the next week-week and a half, we are on the road. Here are a couple picture updates of what we have done and what we have seen of this enchanting country. Enjoy the photos, have a very merry Christmas, and send me some mail order soft pretzels if you feel like it.

Much love,
Molly

With Naomi, our fellow ETA friend in Oaxcaca City:



With Naomi´s friend Celes, who along with his family members make these wool weavings by hand:



In a town outside of Oaxaca City, we hiked a small mountain and took naps at the top. I was actually asleep:



On our magical hike in the woods of San Jose del Pacifico, a town of a few thousand in the mountains of Oaxaca:



The hike felt like a mix of Jurassic Park, Dr. Suess and Where the Wild Things Are:



We were invited to a wedding in San Jose, by the owner of the cabins where we stayed. The couple who were married:



With two of our many new friends we met at the wedding:



Our first day on the beach in Mazunte, Dec. 19:



The view from our bedroom window in our hostel in Mazunte, called ¨Posada del Arquitecto:¨



After one of our two barefoot beach jogs, at the crack of dawn in Mazunte:



Drinking cold coconuts with rum, two days ago on the beach of Zipolite:



Hibbiscus flower tempura, cooked by our chef friend:


Horse on the cliff in Mazunte:


Sunrise from a cliff on the beach at Mazunte, on our last day in town (yesterday):


The town where we are currently, San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Molls,

    It doesn't quite feel like Christmas here without you! But it's great to follow along with your updates. Your writing two posts ago was exquisite. It made me feel I was there with you.

    I'm glad you're getting to see some off-the-beaten-path places. And Guatemala holds a special place in my heart. I hope it's as beautiful and welcoming as I remember it.

    Love to you and Laura and try reapplying that sunblock from time to time!

    Abrazos,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. that caption for the picture where your in "where the jurassic seuss things are" is pretty perfect and exactly what i was thinking cant wait to cross the border!!

    ReplyDelete